This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you install Geforce 7600 GT Drivers

The only problem is me. I am new to this and need to learn how. I have a geforce 7600 Gt video card. I would like to install the drivers for it.

Any help would be great!!
    Thanks
    Chris.

Re: How do you install Geforce 7600 GT Drivers

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide
    For external use only.

Comment

This is a great site. But looks like this site is for ATI drivers not Geforce.
      Chris.

Comment

I think I may have! Using KPackage, NVidia-glx
        I hope..
        Chris.

Comment

My mistake, I guess I thought the Geforce was an ATI product. (I'm none too familiar with video card names.)

You might want to try Envy. This is the easiest method, but you'll need to re-run it every time you upgrade the kernel. (You'll probably notice it being upgraded, and you'll definitely notice the lack of KDE.)
          For external use only.

Comment

This is kind of paraphrased/pinched from another post:
            Basically download the nvidia drivers from their website, and follow these directions.

-Ctrl + Alt + F1 to go to a non-X console
            - Type sudo /etc/init.d/kdm stop <--- The screen will hang, just press Ctrl + Alt + F1 again
            - Type sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9755-pkg1.run (make sure that you have the Nvidia installer on you Home directory, otherwise this is not going to work, or just navigate to where you downloaded the drivers to, making sure that the name is the name of the package you downloaded)
            - Follow the screen instructions
            - Sudo reboot (here you could just press Ctrl + Alt + Backspace, but I would go the "reboot" way)

This worked for me, no guarantees if it dosn't work for you. My card is a 7600GS seems like it should.

Comment

Since we're under the "Feisty" topic, you should be aware that the new nvidia-glx package contains the latest (1.0-9755) Nvidia driver, and my experience is that it is working great on my GeF 7900GS.

But, you need the "linux-restricted" modules to be installed first, and you also need to purge-remove the Nvidia driver if you happen to have it installed, BEFORE you install the nvidia-glx package.

Comment

Now I need to learn how to install ENVY and Linux restricted. I feel like a retard when it comes to linux.
                Thank you guys for your help.

Chris.

Comment

Be careful -- Envy is only released for Dapper and Edgy, not Feisty. It might or might not work for you ....

http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Comment

Working...
                  X