X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark "The utility is not in your path"

Hi,

after installing the latest version of kubuntu i get the following error when trying to open .deb packets

"The utility is not in your PATH, Please install it or contact your system administrator"

when opening tar.gz files i get the following error
    "Could not start Subprocess"

seems a bit like ark is messed up, but i got absolutely no idea how to fix it. I tried to use google, but google lead me to an old thread on this forum (http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...=4528.msg17850 ). i tried the ways postet there but it doesn't help

I greatly appreciate any help. Maybe someone knows an alternative to ark?

Re: Ark "The utility is not in your path"

Merely from a gut feeling: have you checked the according file accociations, e.g. by means of KDE's own control center's ([Alt][F2]kcontrol) corresponding module (KDE Components > File Associations - filter for "*.deb")?

Comment

hey,
      thanks for your reply. I checked out your feeling and this is what i got:

*.deb is associated with applications -> x-deb and the only application listed is ark

seems pretty normal to me

Any further ideas?

Comment

Ark in itself is merely a frontend to command line tools like gzip and the like (see info ark for details) ... therefore, I'd suggest you make sure the relevant tools (as in your case gzip) are actually available (e.g.: sudo apt-get install gzip).

Comment

Working...
        X