This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu calculator

Does kubuntu have a calculator I can get like XP does? If so what is it and how do I get it. Thanks.

Re: Kubuntu calculator

You could try kcalc
    open a terminal and type sudo apt-get install kcalc

Comment

I believe Speedcrunch is installed by default on Kubuntu.

For very simple calculations, you could use Katapult, too. Just press Alt+Space, then begin typing in your equation. you can use parentheses also.
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

That katapult one is pretty cool, I never even knew that it could do that. Thanks

Comment

Yes I concur. Kcalc is a good calculator, but I wouldn't use it all the time if I had known katapult had a math feature. Now I can't wait to get home to try it.

Comment

I uninstalled that speedcruch thing. I could not get it to perform a simple equation. I did install kcalc and worked like a charm, exactly what I was looking for.

The only problem is that Speedcrunch was tied to my keyboard's "Calculator" button and now that it has been replaced with Kcalc, it no longer works. Is there anyway to configure it to work/startup with the keyboard's calc button? I did not see any options under Keyboard in Kcontrol.

Comment

Originally posted by rodneyck
              The only problem is that Speedcrunch was tied to my keyboard's "Calculator" button and now that it has been replaced with Kcalc, it no longer works. Is there anyway to configure it to work/startup with the keyboard's calc button? I did not see any options under Keyboard in Kcontrol.
              Try KControl>Regional&Accessibility>KeyboardShortcuts> CommandShortcuts-tab

(you can also access the module with the command 'kcmshell keys')

Comment

Thank you!!! Worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by XstatyK
                  That katapult one is pretty cool, I never even knew that it could do that. Thanks
                  I didn't even know it existed, it's awesome!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X