This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long term support for Dapper

I would have expected that long term support of Dapper would have included 3,5.6 since it is primarily a bug and security fix.

Seems strange to view long term support in this case as no support. Users are effectively pushed to Edgy.

Better to say Dapper is no longer supported so that users can make plans accordingly.

johnfw

Re: Long term support for Dapper

Oooookay...
    Long term support is support for the standard base install of Dapper, how do you have long term support if you are constantly upgrading to new (and possibly buggy/broken) software?

In Debian (an extreme case I'll admit) stable kde is 3.3.2 (Suse Enterprise Linux Desktop is at the same version as well! Red Hat's is even older in RHEL4) but it is stable and has had plenty of bug fixes, many patches backported from newer versions to fix the old. I would assume and hope that this is the same for LTS.

Comment

Re: Long term support for Dapper

Kubuntu ships with 3.5.0 and 3.5.5 is a minor but cool update (Konqueror works better - if that's possible)

I *think* 3.5.6 pushes you into edgy territory is because it has support for compiz built in.

Comment

Working...
      X