This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"View Document Source" in Konqueror doesn't work as expected

When I go View > View Document Source in Konqueror, instead of seeing the source code of the document, I either get the HTML portion of the page rendered without styles, or I get this error message:

An error occurred while loading file:///tmp/kde-peterwr/konquerorMdgYsa.html:
    The file or folder /tmp/kde-peterwr/konquerorMdgYsa.html does not exist.
    Anybody know what's happened?

This was originally a Ubuntu installation, modified to Kubuntu by installing the KDE components. I've tried re-installing Konqueror, but to no avail.

Not a deal-breaker, as I can still use View > View Mode > Embedded Advanced Text Editor, but it'd be nice to get it working properly.

TIA...
    &quot;My country is the World, and my religion is to do good&quot;<br />- Thomas Paine

Re: &quot;View Document Source&quot; in Konqueror doesn't work as expected

Sorry to bump this, but it's becoming an increasingly irritating problem. 'Twould be nice to just get it working as it should, if nothing else. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.
    &quot;My country is the World, and my religion is to do good&quot;<br />- Thomas Paine

Comment

Hi,

I'm afraid I will have troubles to help as I'm not running dapper anymore but just for tip, did you check if the file exist really or not ? Maybe just the folder in /tmp maybe...

Comment

I just tried it and it seems that konqueror does create a folder 'kde-$user' in /tmp and the create a doc called konquerorXXXXXX.html.

I guess it then calls kate/kwrite to open it.

When you have the error, check whether the file and folder exist, and the names.
        Since you switched from ubuntu it's possible that it's in a folder called gnome-$user

Comment

Cheers, Sproot. I just took a look and there is indeed a folder called kde-me. It contains two files:

konqueror-crash-LEm3ea.log
          ksycoca

Strangely, when I do Ctrl-U on the web page, it now opens a new tab in Konqueror with the web page displayed in it, completely parsed apart from the text sizes and a Javascript news ticker. So I assume it's just taking the HTML content, but parsing it instead of displaying it as straight text.

The file it's displaying is called /tmp/kde-me/konquerorRlGwDb.html, but there's no trace of that file in the directory (yep, i have hidden files turned on.

Curiouser and curiouser. I'll check out a few of the config settigns today if I have time and see if I can shed any more light. Can't find a directory called /tmp/gnome-me, so I doubt if it's that.

Thanks again, guys...

Comment

What does the crash log say?

I guess if konqeror is saving the temp file as .html instead of .txt, and it calls kde to 'open with default app' you will see it in konqueror

Comment

Hi sproot

I'll take a look later on today and let you know. I'm having a Windows session this morning...

:-(

Comment

Working...
              X