This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ktorrent cannot access partition

I have been using ktorrent for a while with no problems and all i want to do is change the partition i download to. Curently it is my home directory but i want to use a second hard drive instead. The drive is mounted on hdb1 and is ext3 formatted.
    I accessed the drive through system menu/storage media and created a folder on it called torrents. I was not su at the time of creating this folder so i believe i must have set the permissions right.
    I then opened ktorrent/settings/configure ktorrent/folders and browsed to the correct drive which comes up as media:/hdb1/torrents and applied the change.
    When i next tried to start up a new torrent i got this error message.

Cannot create media:/hdb1/torrents/"filename": No such file or directory. Where "filename" was the correct name for the torrent which worked as soon as i changed the folder back to the original home folder.
    Is this a permissions problem or have i missed something obvious?

Re: ktorrent cannot access partition

Originally posted by hiro
    Cannot create media:/hdb1/torrents/"filename": No such file or directory.
    Try /hdb1/torrents/[file] (thus omitting the "media:" part).

Comment

Re: ktorrent cannot access partition

Tried that thanks but the result was exactly the same apart from the location in the error message changing to match the new location.

Stop Press: Sorted it and you were on the right track, what i needed was /media/hdb1/torrents/"filename" Thanks Penguin.

Comment

Working...
      X