This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcams for Kopete under Dapper..

Well i finally sucumbed to little glitches in edgy and returned to dapper, i enjoyed edgy, and gives an exciting view of things to come - but it's not quite robust enough for my picky inclinations..

Anyway - that's just me wittering.

I now have a happy installation of Dapper that has nearly decommisioned all uses i have for Windows, except for webcam support. I did toy with getting my Trust powercam 350FS to work, something i've had kicking around for ages - but have not had any success.

So i would like peoples advice on USB webcams they have plugged into 6.06 with kopete and had 100 percent success in terms of sharing video with windows users.

As long as theres no fuss, and i can go out and spend a reasonable amount of money and finally rest in the knowledge my pretty Linux installation does EVERYTHING i need it to, i can retire my XP laptop in for some other fun linux distro 'project'..

I await your suggestions eagerly

x

Re: Webcams for Kopete under Dapper..

Oh yes, forgot to mention - if they are beige and black and not ridiculously styled that would be a bonus - and quality is not a big worry, as long as it's a reasonable picture for chatting.

x

Comment

Working...
    X