This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Themes for 6.06

Anyone know how to install themes on 6.06? I recently downloaded a .tar theme. I took a peek inside the .tar and it has .jpg .png and something called .kth extention. Do I have to go to the console and use some command or find a button somewhere that installs the theme. Also can't find the regular themes kubunto comes with. Can someone help me find all these things? The theme is basically still a .tar at the moment. Don't know where to extract it to. Thanks in advance.

Re: Themes for 6.06

Run kcontrol, the old-style config tool. Under Appearance and Themes, go to Theme Manager, Install New Theme, and see what happens. I've never done it myself so this is just guesswork.

If you're looking for more themes, try your package manager. (Adept) You may need the universe and multiverse repositories; this ought to be documented all over the place.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Re: Themes for 6.06

Originally posted by cantab
      Run kcontrol, the old-style config tool. Under Appearance and Themes, go to Theme Manager, Install New Theme, and see what happens. I've never done it myself so this is just guesswork.
      After you downloaded the compressed file follow the instructions Cantab says, that should work. Don't extract the files though.

Alot of eyecandy can be found at http://www.kde-look.org/

Comment

Working...
      X