This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde shutdown broken (bug?)

i hate trying to get good results from the kubuntu bug tracker searches, but i think there is another bug in kde. . .

on my ibm laptop, often i will select shutdown from the menu, select 'turn off computer' and then nothing happens. i though it was just me moving mouse too fast, but then it happens often--too often.

this morning, my mom reports that she can't shut off her computer! we both run dapper (updated). . it isn't just me since her computer is a desktop. . at first, i though it was due to updating her computer with adept, but the command line 'sudo shutdown -h now' works fine every time. it's a kde thing.

if we repeat the kde shutdown, it will work, but sometimes it takes her several attempts before it will actually run the command to halt the system.

anyone else running into this silly bug? is a bug report filed for it?

thank you,

wishing you well.
    --<br />wishing you well

Re: kde shutdown broken (bug?)

I had this silly bug when I tried to shutdown KDE with the Skype window open. I had to close Skype first, or at least reduce it to the tray icon before I could successfully shut down the computer.

Maybe you use Skype?

Comment

Re: kde shutdown broken (bug?)

will, as a matter of fact, she _is_ using skype and i also have it installed on my ibm.

that is quite interesting!

guess i should try to file a bug report with skype folks.

thank you!

wishing you well.
      --<br />wishing you well

Comment

Working...
      X