This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror and ActiveX (Resolved)

gmail requires activeX to be, well, activate for some features.  I could not find activeX enabling for Konqueror.  I've used Firefox in Ubuntu and gmail works fine.  Can Konqueror be set up to work, or do I need Firefox.

P.S. - I really like Konqueror.  I just switched from Ubuntu Dapper to Kubuntu Dapper.  Kubuntu is a very nice product!!

Re: Konqueror and ActiveX

Errr... ActiveX only works on internet explorer under windows (or under wine, but this is another history).

Not does gmail use any kind of ActiveX components.

You are probably talking about javascript,

Can you tell us the exact problem that you have?. Do you get any error messages?

Javier.

Comment

Well, I set Konqueror to read as Explorer 6.0 on XP. GMail came up with a warning that, while it saw I was using explorer under winXP, I did not have it set to allow activeX controls. It gave me an option to click a link to it's 'plain' email. I tried to just set my preferences so it would just go to the 'plain' email everytime, but it said I could not change preferences without having activeX enabled.

This puts in a bit of a quandry. I know the differences between java, javascript and activeX. What Gamil specifically said was that I must have activeX enable. I have javascript enabled, but I just installed Kubuntu, and have not brought in Sun Java. I'll do that next.

Comment

Originally posted by steven8
        Well, I set Konqueror to read as Explorer 6.0 on XP.
        That's the problem.

What Gamil specifically said was that I must have activeX enable.
        He only said that because it believes that you are using windows and ie. Don't fool gmail and it will just use simple javascript.

Javier.

Comment

Don't fool gmail and it will just use simple javascript.
          Oh man. :P Thanks. That makes sense.

Comment

That did it! I just set it to Default Application and it worked just fine. Trying to be a little too tricky for my own good.

Comment

Working...
            X