This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing from Adobe Reader 7.0

This question will probably show how new I am to Kubuntu/Linux.

When I try to print from Adobe Reader 7.0 it asks for a printer command. Does anyone know what I need to enter?

Using Epson 780 Stylus Photo.

Thanks

Sam

Re: Printing from Adobe Reader 7.0

Sam,

if your printer were configured (read: installed) properly, in Adobe Reader, you should be able to select it from the File > Print menu ... in other words: is your printer already listed in System Settings > Printers? Assumedly not ...

HTH
    Birdy

Comment

My printer is installed and configured. I can print from every other program. I can even print the particular PDF with KPDF, but KPDF won't let me expand small documents to fit the page like Adobe reader.

When I select print from Adobe Reader instead of getting the kprint dialogue box, I get a print dialogue box that asks me for the printer command.

Hasn't anyone else had this problem?

Sam

Comment

Sam,

when selecting print, Adobe Reader will provide it's own dialog box - where in the upper left corner there is a field labeled printer name. Alongside this, there is a drop-down box, assumedly displaying custom as pre-selected default.

You should be able to change this selection, preferably to the name of your printer - which, in turn, should change what is displayed in the upper right corner (from "lp" stuff to "cups" stuff).

HTH
        Birdy

Comment

Thanks for the help Birdy,

But we seem to be getting different print dialog boxes. I wish I could add it to this post. There is no drop down box.

The print dialog box has three sections...Print To, Print Range, and Post Script Options. In the "Print To" section there are only two options Printer command or File.

Should I try to reinstall adobe reader or maybe my printer? As I said in the earlier post, I don't have print issues from any other program.

Adobe reader allows you to "expand small pages to paper size". Is there any way to do this KPDF. That would solve my problem.

Thanks again

Sam

Comment

I'm not familiar with Acrobat but did you try to type kprint in the command box to see what happens.
            ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

Thanks fisher,

That almost did it. I had tried kprint, but the command was "kprinter". This opened the kprinter dialog box that allowed me to select my printer.

Thanks again

Sam

Comment

Working...
              X