X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with AutoMatrix

Hi,

I am trying to install some of the AutoMatrix apps, but the install only gets a little way through install and then stops (the progress bar is about a quarter across the top), it has just finished setting up kdemultimeida and it says Please Wait at the top of the screen, I have left it for over an hour and nothing has changed.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Gavin,
    Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Re: Problems with AutoMatrix

Sorry, you're one of the suc^H^H^H people whose system does not conform to the assumptions made by the people who wrote the Automatix script. Since the script didn't run to completion, it probably left your /etc/apt/sources.list in a mess. It might have also left something only partially installed when it hung up.

Yes, other people have had this problem. There is no general solution other than saving all of your personal "stuff" and then re-installing Kubuntu. (You wanted to upgrade to Edgy, anyway, right). However, you can reboot and continue to operate until your system hangs again. Then solve that problem, and so forth, until you solved all the problems that may have been caused by Automatix.

The (K)Ubuntu developers have debated whether or not to offer an oficially supported "easy script" for installing software that may violate the patent laws of some countries. They decided against it.

Comment

Re: Problems with AutoMatrix

I have not had any problems with Automatrix. Is there known applications that have this happen when trying to install?

Comment

Working...
      X