This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key and mouse release problems

I'm having a nasty time with a weird problem. It appears that Kubuntu does not recognize when a control key or a mouse click has been released. If I press and release Control, Alt or Shift, it frequently (but no always) behaves as if it is still depressed until pressing it again. This is VERY dangerous behavior. The same sometimes with mouse clicks. It's as if the mouse press release was never captured. The Synaptic touchpad is sometimes the opposite - it does not seem to recognize the left mouse control is depressed when clicking and dragging.

This is 6.06 on an HP Pavilion zv6000. It is not a hardware problem as it does not occur in Windows or Gnome -- only KDE.

I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting. What do I do and how do I fix it? Thanks - John

Re: Key and mouse release problems

Gracedman,

I'm only guessing, but you may check if in System Settings > Accessibility > Modifier Keys the so-called "sticky keys" are disabled (?).

HTH
    Birdy

Comment

Yes! Thank you! That appears to be it - John

Comment

Well, I'm not quite out of the woods. The only problem left is with the Synaptic touchpad. It seems to have the opposite problem. It doesn't recognize that the mouse has been left clicked until the mouse is released. For example, if I click and drag, nothing happens but, when I release the left mouse button, the cursor moves to where the mouse stopped. But not always! What should I be looking for? Thanks - John

Comment

Working...
        X