This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting kmail

I have no shortcuts to kmail. Can start it from the Konsole.
    How do I get a shortcut to the desktop? Kmail isn't on the "internet" list.

Re: starting kmail

Yeah you can start if from konsole, just type kmail
    Also to create a shortcut ..alternate click on desktop, create new , link to application, then just edit the application tab command box.

Comment

For some reason or another, Kmail is part of Kontact, and the icon to start it is there. You can drag it to the task bar to create a shortcut

Comment

Got it! Thanks!

Comment

I'd been searching for a half hour and this was a last-ditch attempt to find an answer before I gave up and went to some other distro. I'm new to Linux and I can't get the "drag to taskbar" to work. Is that intended to create a menu entry that will start Kmail or one that will start Kontact?

Thanks,
          wjt

Comment

You can very well try another distro, but the process will be the same there as it is in Kubuntu (assuming its a KDE desktop). You can drag any desktop shortcut or menu entry to the taskbar. if you drag the Kontact menu entry there, it will obviously put a link to kontact there

If you want a shortcut that only opens the Kmail bit, you can create one by right-clicking on the desktop, following the prompts and use the command "kmail" in the appropriate section of the 'application' tab. You can also do the same in the K menu by right-clicking on the menu button and opening the menu editor and adding the info there. Then you can drag either one to your taskbar.

Comment

Working...
            X