Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I set up Apache, MySQL, and PHP from the KDE desktop?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I set up Apache, MySQL, and PHP from the KDE desktop?

I have been tinkering with Kubuntu 6.06 for a while now and would like to set up Apache, MySQL, and PHP (maybe phpMyAdmin aslo) so I can tinker with my website off line. I have seen plenty of walk throughs setting up the Ubuntu server and then adding a desktop environment. I don't think this is a possibility for me while my Internet connection is limited to dial up. Can I set up AMP just by downloading the parts though Adept, or is there an easier way of doing things. I used to have an AMP setup under Win XP, would the setup process be similar with Kubuntu?

Re: Can I set up Apache, MySQL, and PHP from the KDE desktop?

Hi,

For me the easiest would be to install apache, mysql and php from adept, all should be well configured then...

Cheers

Comment

nice guide:
      https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP

I followed these instructions and did not have major problems. I assume you are familiar with the command line

Comment

Thanks for the info. I also found Xampp over at http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html. They have preconfigured setups for Linux, Mac OS, Windows, and Solaris.

Comment

I passed on the pre configured Xampp and decided to set up the pieces individually. I want to make sure everything is going as planned. I have only installled Apache2 and my question is when I load up localhost or 127.0.0.1 should I see the Apache Test Page? Right now I get an "Index of" page with a link to "apache2-default/ " Clicking on that takes me to the familiar Apache page. Is everything good to go or do I need to change something so that Apache actually points to localhost (127.0.0.1)?

Comment

Working...
          X