This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaim

Sorry I'm sounding like a right noob here, I'm trying out Kubuntu for a week of so to see if its any better than ubuntu which i've also tried out for a week.

But i cant find out how to install anything, in ubuntu you have this package manager allowing you to install more things but on here i can't find anything like it and i reall cant stand Kopete so i would like to install Gaim.

Thanks.

Re: Gaim

Well...I'm really new as well...but this seemed to work for me. Go to:

K Menu > System > Manage Packages

It asked me for my password, then opened Adept Manager, the package manager. I just did a search for Gaim and it showed in the list along with a bunch of other Gaim related things like gaim-hotkeys, gaim-themes etc. I clicked on the one called gaim, and it opend up a tree view where it lists some information about it along with 2 buttons, "Request Install" and "Details". Click on "Request Install", then click the button in the Adept menu bar called "Apply Changes". It downloaded the stuff and installed. It wasn't showing in my menu right away, so I did a restart by pressing CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE.

Comment

Oopsie...note to self, do not hit whatever keys I did while typing in a post because it posts it without so much as an excuse me!!! :P So..to finish the above post, after the restart, I found Gaim under:

K Menu > Internet > Internet Messenger (Gaim Internet Messenger)

I hope this helps!!

Have a good day,

Dave

Comment

Ah brilliant, can't believe i missed the package manager :P

Thanks!

Comment

No problem!! That's about the only thing I know how to do! There is a ton of stuff!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X