This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPodder

I have just discovered iPodder. I am running Dapper Drake and iPodder v2.1.9. I have been successful in subscribing to various podcasts and playing them on XMMS.

The podcasts I have downloaded [quite a few!] are all 18-20Mb in size and have taken up a good bit of my hard disk. So I decided to copy the files [.mp3] to a CD, delete them from my hard disk [to make room for more], and play them from the CD.

I was successful in copying them to a CD using K3b.

But when I try to play them from the CD, XMMS just sits there. I right-click on the icon of the podcast on the CD and select "Open with XMMS". And XMMS starts up, but nothing happens. I click on the play button but nothing happens. I thought that I had made a "coaster".

However, I discovered that if I copy a podcast back to the hard drive, say, the Desktop, it will play normally. I realize that the file on the CD is read-only, but why should that matter? I can see no difference in the permissions of the two copies. But it plays from the hard disk and does not play from the CD.

Any suggestions as to what may be the problem?

BTW, the default in my installation for playing .mp3 files is Amarok, but I have never been able to get Amarok to work for me. XMMS, however, does work for me with .mp3 files.

TIA.

Re: iPodder

I installed iPodder via adept, but I can't find where it installed it. There is no menu item. Would you please share with me how you got your's going?

Comment

Have you tried using other programs besides xmms and amarok? I haven't tried this so I'm not sure but it does sound interesting.

As to running ipodder try running the ipodder in the run dialog or in the konsole

Comment

Originally posted by vgrisham
        I installed iPodder via adept, but I can't find where it installed it. There is no menu item. Would you please share with me how you got your's going?
        Try "whereis ipodder" on the commandline to find out where it is installed to.

For example:

Code:
        derrick@bullet:~$ whereis xmms
        xmms: /usr/bin/xmms /usr/lib/xmms /usr/bin/X11/xmms /usr/share/xmms /usr/share/man/man1/xmms.1.gz
        derrick@bullet:~

Comment

Working...
        X