This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounted NTFS Drives - 2 do 1 don't

Hey all, I just installed the latest kubuntu all went very. I have 4 drives in this system, 1 of course is the main disk that I installed kubuntu and then I have 3 NTFS drives. Upon going into /media I found 2 of the 3 drives mounted and I can access the drives. the third one did not show up, so I ran a dmesg and made sure the drive is recognized by the system and it is. I cheated and installed Webmin to try and mount the drive which it did, however I cannot access it, it seems to be a permission thing. I would first wonder why the system only mounted the two drives and not the third. And How can I change the permission of that drive to be like the ones there were automatically mounted.

steve@appzattak:~$ fdisk -l && cat /etc/fstab
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    # /dev/hde1
    UUID=d71d6d4f-cf98-41b1-a95f-ef01c8d634e4 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    # /dev/hdf1
    UUID=3A00F03E00F00325 /media/hdf1 ntfs defaults,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0 1
    # /dev/hdg1
    UUID=128C613E8C611D8B /media/hdg1 ntfs defaults,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0 1
    # /dev/hde5
    UUID=d9ca0c4c-1efc-4bcc-8c16-aa44b73ff85e none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/hda /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0/dev/hdh1 /media/hdh1 ntfs user,suid,dev,exec 0 0
    /dev/hdh1 /media/hdh1 ntfs suid,uid=0,dev,gid=46,exec 0 0

Re: Mounted NTFS Drives - 2 do 1 don't

Appzattak,

at first sight, I would think that mounting all three NTFS partitions the same way might be an option in other words: adjust the third partition's entry's list of parameters to what works for the other two and you should be done ...

HTH
    Birdy

Comment

I thought about that to, however how do I get the UUID for that drive?

Comment

anyone know how that UUID is generated?

Comment

I wondered what a UUID was, and looked it up on Goggle and found a bunch of technical gibberish.

These people have a page for Dapper that has been rock solid, they now have a page on Edgy. W don't you give their how to a try?

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Edgy#Windows

Comment

Originally posted by appzattak
            However how do I get the UUID for that drive?
            I would rather recommend to kick this [censored] out completely - you won't need it (at least not in regular cases like yours - with special devices like e.g. external usb harddisks, things may be different) ... just revert to the good old tradition of mounting "the Debian way", and everything will be allright. (*)

Birdy

(*) Further reading: Chapter 4.6 of the Debian Manual

Comment

Working...
            X