This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu shares with Windows

I am running Dapper [6.06] on a LAN with three desktop computers. Two desktops run Win2K and my desktop runs Kubuntu 6.06.

I have no problems accessing from Kubuntu the shares on the Win2K machines. I have had some problems accessing shares on the Kubuntu box from Windows.

First, I have only one user defined on my Kubuntu box: me. I know my login and I know my password. When I access "My Network Places" in Win2k, I can see my Kubuntu box and I can see the shares that I have set up on the Kubuntu box, basically, my home directory. When I click on the home directory icon [in Windows, now] it prompts me with a popup window entitled "Enter Network Password". It has two fill-in boxes; the first is entitled "Connect as" and the second is entitled "Password". I enter my Kubuntu user name and password, and it comes back immediately with "Incorrect password or unknown user name for Hostname/homes".

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to define somewhere that I am to have access to my own home directory? I know that I have entered the correct name and password: I've done it too many times to be wrong each and every time. The only thing left is "unknown user name".

Any suggestions? TIA

Re: Kubuntu shares with Windows

I had the same problem til I did this:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ighlight=samba

Comment

Working...
    X