This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenOffice Base crash

I cannot get OO Base to let me do anything esp, edit a spreadsheet or text based database. Furthermore it hangs OO if I try to set up a spreadsheet data source and I uncheck the option open for 'Open the database for editing' and then recheck it which makes the next option available. Then I check it: 'Create tables using the table wizard'. After Clicking finish and choosing a file for the db it hangs and I have to kill the processes.

I had the default gcj installed and figure maybe sun java would help so I installed it but I'm not sure how to tell OO to use it. maybe it already is? Anyway Base crashes under these circumstances so I think it's an issue that needs to be addressed. I'm on amd64 Kubuntu 6.06.

Re: OpenOffice Base crash

I am using OpenOffice 2.04 . It never crash for me. If you want to check which java it is using go Tools > Options > Java

Comment

Are you using Base? Are you using text or spreadsheet data sources? Are you on amd64?

Just going to Tools -> Options -> Java locks up OOo and I have to kill it again.

update:
      I installed the ia32-sun-java and told OO to use it. Java functionality actually works now. The Tools -> Options -> Java hangs ALL OOo processes for about 20 seconds. Then it comes up. The original bug seems to be fixed now.

but i cannot edit spreadsheet based databases. I was pretty sure I could do that in OOo 1.x.

Comment

I am using a Dell Inspiron E1505. Intel Core 2 Duel chip with 2.16.15-27-686 Kernel. I do use Base. I use two different database. One is a openoffice base native database and the other is a postgreSQL database. I connect to the postgreSQL via ODBC. Like I said it works just fine me.

I think you have something else going on with your system - OpenOffice I believe works as it should. I admit there are a number of features it lacks but what it does have "works".

Comment

united: how do you configure your odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini in kubuntu 8.04, i use the 64 bit version, i use MySQL, and often crashes. please give me detailed info

Comment

Working...
          X