X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kpilot freezes after first wifi sync Palm TX

Hi,
    Sure could use some help. I bought a Palm TX a couple of weeks ago so I could sync with Kontact on my laptop. I've spent a lot of time searching boards for solutions but haven't found one that works yet. I am able to sync just fine with usb. However, when I change my settings for syncing with wifi, kpilot will do one full wifi sync and then the program freezes. I restart the program and reboot and it makes no differrence, the screen comes up but everything is frozen. I even uninstall kpilot and reinstall and it is still frozen. Actually, I can still do wifi syncs but I cannot use the gui to change my conduits or settings. Are there config files lurking somewhere that I can change or is there command line access to the configuration? I have used both Dapper and Edgy. I have compiled kpilot from source from Codeyard. I have re-installed the operating system several times which will let me have my one-time-access to kpilot program to make settings. Since my usb works fine with the device at "/dev/ttyUSB1", but my wifi messes up when I set to "net:any", I am guessing it must be my device setting.
    Any ideas?

Bob

Re: kpilot freezes after first wifi sync Palm TX

Had exactly the same thing happen to me...went and searched for where Kpilot keeps it's config file...it's in your home directory in something like /home/your user name/etc/share/apps...do a search to be sure. It's in the hidden directory .kde, called kpilotrc. Do an edit as root and change the config. I tried just changing the device, but still had freezes. being heavy handed, I blew up the entire text entry after [Version], saved and restarted Kpilot...sends you to the setup wizard.

Good luck...

Comment

Working...
    X