This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatix2

I'm using automatix on 3 very different pc's and they're all doing great.
    On Dutch forums they hate Automatix, don't know realy why... they say it's unstable

So, what do you think? Is this bul**** or what... what do you think of Automatix?
    Please be honest.

Sorry for the English....
    Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Re: Automatix2

I have had mixed results with Automatix2 personally. The two machines I have running Kubuntu 6.10 with Nvidia video boards work great. The Nvidia driver from Automatix2 has been the most user friendly and easy install that I have found for my video boards.

My other machine is running Kubuntu 6.06 with an ATI video card. It doesn't seem to play well with Automatix2. I don't why.

I recommend everyone give Automatix2 a try at least.

Comment

Re: Automatix2

My comment on this is that it works pretty fine in some cases, yet in some cases it is specially perplexing - specially for noobs like me.

For instance I have a problem with fonts after installing Automatix2. As you can see here in:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=10693.0

I'm a noob so I am specially scared of what other things that Automatix2 does on my system without me really understanding.

I particularly enjoy many of the other stuffs like being able to play mp3s.

Comment

Working...
      X