X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Softwares for Dapper

Hi Guys,

I'm quite new to Kubuntu and don't know much about its tradition. Now I'm using Dapper and just curious that for now, when new versions of softwares are released, will it be included to Dapper repositories. I mean if I'd like to use newer versions of softwares, do I have to upgrade to Edgy, and so on? As far as I know, it may have "dependency hell" when using packages from Edgy repositories on Dapper, thus, I don't want to take a risk.

I use Dapper because it is labeled as "LTS -- Long term support" and expect some more supports aside from security update, i.e. up to date software packages. For example, Amarok was released yesterday and package for Edgy was built, but not for Dapper.

In fact, it's OK if I have to migrate to Edgy and so on in every 6 months, or build packages myself (I've just built Inkscape 0.44). Just wanna know.

Thanks for every answer.

Re: Softwares for Dapper

If you want to play it safe, you should stay with Dapper and if you want the newest software that isnt available in the repos, build it from source. Otherwise, i think Edgy has the most up to date software. I am using it currently with no problems at all but that isnt the case for everyone.

Comment

Working...
    X