X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror - performace issues (Web).

Hello,

I love the fact that everything is in one in Konqueror and I do want to continue using it like it is, but having troubles with the graphical performance when surfing.

As I scroll pages with graphical content it lags and stutters like mad. It gets to the point where it is annoying.

I do not get this in Firefox 2.0, and I'm not sure what to do. Have been searching for performance enhancement tips but the ones I found are related to actually loading the webpages.

Any tips would be most welcome, really want to stick with Konqueror and Kontact, love them both!

Re: Konqueror - performace issues (Web).

When you say scroll pages - do you mean with your mouse wheel? Maybe you could adjust that?
    Kmenu>System Settings>Mouse

Comment

Re: Konqueror - performace issues (Web).

Thank you for the reply. What I mean with scrolling is basically just pulling the side bar of Konqueror. I have given up on Konqueror, and will stick with Firefox 2.0.

I really liked the idea of having Konqueror and Kontact to do most of my daily administration, infact awesome... but I have several issues with using Konqueror as a Webbrowser. Performance issues; I tried everything from tips and tweaks by searching forums and google to reinstalling and testing different display drivers and I personally have had no luck. Yet with the same configuration Firefox works on everything.

I also couldn't fix issues with flash where if you had two pages (tabed) and two flash applications started on each page the flash application would freeze, and also with flash 7 the synchronization was a bit of. Yet again, I had non of these problems with Firefox 1.5.0.7 or 2.0.

I guess it comes down to being lazy, and I will keep trying Konqueror from time to time to see if I can resolve things with updates or if I suddenly stumble upon some magical post that solves everything, but for now its Firefox out of frustration.

Comment

Working...
      X