This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't delete item from Kmenu

After installing Kubuntu, my Kmenu has an item directly under All Applications (not on a pull-right) for "Spreadsheets (KOffice Spreadsheet Component)". I would like to delete that entry. I open menu editor, delete the item, save the menu, and exit the editor. The item is still there. I tried running kbuildsycoca --incremental. Still there. Does anyone know a way to get rid of this entry?

Re: Can't delete item from Kmenu

Maybe you don't have ownership for whatever reason...?
    Code:
    sudo chown -R jeff:jeff /home/jeff
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Hello..
      I think u should use alt+ F2 and then "kdesu kcontrol"
      I can delete the menu,..

Comment

Code:
        kdesu kcontrol
        will delete it only from Root's menu, not Jeff's menu.
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't see anything in Kcontrol related to Kmenu.

I do have ownership of everything in my home directory. I am able to make other changes to Kmenu (adding and removing items that appear in pull-right menus). It's only this one item that I cannot delete.

Does anyone know the location of the files in which these items reside? I am thinking that I could edit the appropriate file and delete the item directly.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffbarish
            Does anyone know the location of the files in which these items reside?  I am thinking that I could edit the appropriate file and delete the item directly.
            You can have a look at ~/.local/share/applications and /usr/share/applications and /usr/share/applications/kde

Comment

Try ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu

Comment

Working...
              X