This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to watch TV programs online

Trying to watch TV programs online; they wanted me to download plugins that didn't work.
    One was for adobe flash, but the installer just installed macro media flash. Also, the flash is level 7 and says I need level 8. Can anyone help?

Re: Trying to watch TV programs online

Adobe now owns macromedia, so its now Adobe Flash
    Now, soon we should see a new Flash version for Linux, version 7 is what we have until They release version 9, as there is no version 8 for linux. There is a beta of 9 out, and I do think it is supposed to be released fairly soon

Comment

Re: Trying to watch TV programs online

I just installed the Flash 9 beta from Adobe tonight and oh MAN does it make a world of difference - unless you use Konqueror apparently. For some reason while Flock and Firefox have no problems using the Flash 9 plugin (GREAT sync on YouTube, uses far less resources than v7!!), but Konqui just doesn't want to use it - even though I put it in every plugin folder on my system, replacing the old ones. Re-scanned for plugins, the right one shows up in my Konq plugin list, shut down all instances of Konq, and still nothing. It's bugging me ... but not much since I don't generally browse with Konqueror. My WIFE on the other hand uses it as her main browser.

Comment

Working...
      X