X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error while installing yakuake

Hi,
    I have install yakuake (latest version) from packages.ubuntu.com and i've already install all of the dependencies.
    But it still doesnt work. The error is something like this

checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
    checking for rpath... yes
    checking for KDE... configure: error:
    in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
    So, check this please and use another prefix!

What should I do?
    Thanks before^_^

Re: Error while installing yakuake

Hmm...is there a reason why you're installing it from source...you could simply install it from the 'universe' repository with Adept (package manager)

This one is a good read if you're unfamiliar with software installation in linux/kubuntu:
    http://doc.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/deskto...lications.html

(If you do have a valid reason for installing from source, you should install 'kdelibs4-dev' package and it's dependencies which are development libraries needed to compile for kde')

Comment

Thanks for ur reply
      actually i have downloaded it from yakuake dot uv dot ro
      but its tar file. If i installed from adept, the error message is not displayed. If i think i ve already installed it, actually i have not. So, I installed it from tar file, extract it, and ./configure it. So I can see the error message. What should I do? The first time i ./configure it, the error message tell me that i have to install libqt-mt or something like that. After several step, i get different error message (at least its different message ^_^), but now im stag at this step.
      Thanks for ur reply, i really hope.

Comment

A. The Adept installation
        How have you installed it with adept?
        Request installation>Apply Changes?
        No errors?
        What happens if you (after installation):
        1. press Alt+F2
        2. type yakuake and press enter
        Does yakuake start?
        (the default key for popping up the yakuake window is F12)

B. To continue compiling from source (I still strongly recommend you install yakuake with Adept)
        install package 'kdelibs4-dev', so you don't have to install the -dev libraries one-at-a -time.

Comment

Hello,
          Thanks for ur reply..
          I have installed it from adept, synaptic, and download it from packages dot ubuntu dot org but it still not working. But after the installation, there was no error message. But if i press alt+f2, the yakuake icon just appear al least 5 or 6 seconds, and just it, nothing happened. But if I use the installation file from yakuake dot uv dot ro and try to install it by extract and ./configure it. After that like i have told you, still not working..
          But if I install with ./configure, at least there is a message that its containing error.
          Thanks before..

Comment

Originally posted by pramur
            I have installed it from adept, synaptic, and download it from packages dot ubuntu dot org but it still not working. But after the installation, there was no error message.
            If there is no error message, that's generally a good thing.

But if i press alt+f2, the yakuake icon just appear al least 5 or 6 seconds, and just it, nothing happened.
            If the 'launch' icon appears, yakuake is probably installed, try these steps:

1. Yakuake window isn't shown by default when it's launched (it's hidden)...to show the window try pressing F12.
            2. If it doesn't show when you press F12, press Ctrl+Esc to show running processes, check whether a process named 'yakuake' is running
            3. If there is no such process (which means yakuake refused to start), the next thing you can try is running yakuake from the konsole (which outputs all error messages from yakuake to that konsole):
            a. press Alt+F2, type konsole and press Enter
            b. in the konsole, type yakuake and press Enter
            c. Copy the error messages (if any) you get in the konsole window and post them here.

Comment

Hello
              Thanks for ur reply.
              I have installed yakuake from packages.ubuntu.com
              and the problem is there is no error message, and if i press F12 like u said.. there is nothing happened..

I have installed yakuake from adept
              i think i have the same problem with the previous installation, so i uninstalled it and then try another way.

I have installed yakuake from source (yakuake.uv.ro)
              i think this is more "easy install", i mean the error was displayed for the user. And like i have told u before, the error message was like this

and i try to install kde header after that.
              but kde header packages has a conflict with previous version of GAIM appllication?
              What should i do?
              Try to download manually from site and then install it without care of the risk?
              Thanks for ur reply.
              CMIIW

Best regards
              pramur

Comment

Hello
                Thanks for ur reply.
                I have installed yakuake from packages.ubuntu.com
                and the problem is there is no error message, and if i press F12 like u said.. there is nothing happened..
                Just to be sure, you have started yakuake and then pressed F12 to show the window?

If Adept gives you no errors and shows the package as installed, then it's installed without errors...and your problem lies somewhere else, it's not the installation.

I have installed yakuake from source (yakuake.uv.ro)
                i think this is more "easy install", i mean the error was displayed for the user. And like i have told u before, the error message was like this
                You actually haven't installed it from source, you're just performing the first step in installing (./configure), for configure to pass, you have to install 'kdelibs4-dev' package like I mentioned earlier, but I say it once again, just use adept :P

Please install yakuake with Adept, run it from Alt+F2 (you'll see the launch icon) and perform these steps (all of them...not just 1)...and report exactly what happens (did you see a yakuake process with Ctrl+Esc? What is output into the konsole? etc.)
                1. Yakuake window isn't shown by default when it's launched (it's hidden)...to show the window try pressing F12.
                2. If it doesn't show when you press F12, press Ctrl+Esc to show running processes, check whether a process named 'yakuake' is running
                3. If there is no such process (which means yakuake refused to start), the next thing you can try is running yakuake from the konsole (which outputs all error messages from yakuake to that konsole):
                a. press Alt+F2, type konsole and press Enter
                b. in the konsole, type yakuake and press Enter
                c. Copy the error messages (if any) you get in the konsole window and post them here.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply

I have installed it from Adept, and i get this error message if i run it from console

X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
                  Major opcode: 145
                  Minor opcode: 3
                  Resource id: 0x0
                  Failed to open device
                  Major opcode: 145
                  Minor opcode: 3
                  Resource id: 0x0
                  Failed to open device
                  ScimInputContextPlugin()
                  Uh oh.. can't write data..

And then if i press F12 (the default shortcut), i get and yakuake icon jumping several times, and then disappear/gone. But if I press CTRL + Esc (Proces table), yes there is yakuake process
                  What should I do next?
                  Thanks before

Comment

Let's see:

Major opcode:  145
                      Minor opcode:  3
                      Resource id:  0x0
                    Failed to open device
                      Major opcode:  145
                      Minor opcode:  3
                      Resource id:  0x0
                    Failed to open device
                    These errors aren't critical, they are related to the wacom tablet entries in xorg.conf (if you wish to remove them just search for 'wacom' in the forums and you should find a few threads about removing them...they're just an 'annoyance' though, not the source of your problems.

ScimInputContextPlugin()
                    This is also normal, as kubuntu has scim installed by default

Uh oh.. can't write data..
                    This seems to be something to 'worry' about, unfortunately the error message isn't very informative, it might indicate a permission issue, but it's difficult to tell.

Next thing you can try is show the yakuake window via dcop, when yakuake process is running (shown in the process list), press Alt+F2 and run
                    dcop yakuake DCOPInterface slotToggleState

That should show the yakuake window even if the F12 key is unresponsive. Not a solution, of course, but can help in troubleshooting how messed up yakuake is.

Comment

Hello, thank you very much for your reply

I have done what you have told me. But it seems doesn't work

If I press F12 (default shortcut to run it), there is a message "Application started succesfully! Press F12 to run yakuake"..
                      CMIIW

Comment

If I press F12 (default shortcut to run it), there is a message "Application started succesfully! Press F12 to run yakuake".. 
                        Definitive progress, though

The notification message in fact tells you yakuake is succesfully loaded, did you try to press F12 after the message is displayed (yakuake can take a while to load, the message tells you it's ready for use)

As a side note, do you have a multimedia keyboard that doesn't have a 'normal' F12 key, but instead has it's own default action in 'F12'. In that case you may wish to disable the default action (on logitech keyboards you can do this with the 'F-lock' key)

Comment

Hello

Thanks for your reply (again) ^_^

Yes, I was waiting for a moment, and then nothing happened. I just press F12 again and again (brutally may be)... and nothing happened. What did i miss?
                          Sorry, but i really don't understand this part
                          As a side note, do you have a multimedia keyboard that doesn't have a 'normal' F12 key, but instead has it's own default action in 'F12'. In that case you may wish to disable the default action (on logitech keyboards you can do this with the 'F-lock' key)

Comment

Sorry, but i really don't understand this part
                            If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you probably don't have a multimedia keyboard, and forget that part

I take it this doesn't help either?
                            Next thing you can try is show the yakuake window via dcop, when yakuake process is running (shown in the process list), press Alt+F2 and run
                            dcop yakuake DCOPInterface slotToggleState

Comment

Hell yeah.. It works
                              I am using Kubuntu Feisty Fawn (after about 6 months asked this question ), and it works.
                              I did ur suggestion,
                              dcop yakuake DOPInterface slotToggleState
                              Now, the problem just, i cannot use F12 as default shortcut. I don't know why...

Btw, thanks!! Hontou ni doumo arigatou gozaimasu...

Comment

Working...
                              X