This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seg Faults?

Dapper Drake installed and running great except for on application. The genealogy program Gramps runs great on Ubuntu but when I boot it in Kubuntu, via Terminal, I get this message at bootup:

jim@jim-desktop:~$ gramps
    X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 168
    Major opcode: 145
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device
    Major opcode: 145
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device

Can SKS translate this for me or help me figure out how to fix it. Gramps will open but will not load a database. When I select a database to load or try to create a new on, Gramps abruptly shuts down and leaves on error message. I can start it by clicking on a gedcom or XML file and selecting "Open With" Gramps but I cannot save or export these files from Gramps.

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Seg Faults?

Originally posted by jimwinfrey
    Dapper Drake installed and running great except for on application.  The genealogy program Gramps runs great on Ubuntu but when I boot it in Kubuntu, via Terminal, I get this message at bootup:

jim@jim-desktop:~$ gramps
      Major opcode:  145
      Minor opcode:  3
      Resource id:  0x0
    Failed to open device
      Major opcode:  145
      Minor opcode:  3
      Resource id:  0x0
    Failed to open device

Can SKS translate this for me or help me figure out how to fix it.  Gramps will open but will not load a database.  When I select a database to load or try to create a new on, Gramps abruptly shuts down and leaves on error message.  I can start it by clicking on a gedcom or XML file and selecting "Open With" Gramps but I cannot save or export these files from Gramps.
    The 'X Error: BadDevice' errors aren't the source of your problem. These errors aren't critical and are created by the wacom tablet entries in xorg.conf (they are there even if you don't have such a device)...if you want to get rid of the error messages there are instructions on the forum (here, for example: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=6921.0)...but that probably won't solve the problem with the app crashing

Comment

Working...
    X