X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kover & howto add to cd startup

Hi this is my second post

As some of you know i was looking for a cd label maker/software

I've installed Kover but having a hard time of figuring it out. And there is not documentation, unfortunately, under the 'help' tab

Seems that there is a feature whereby it picks up the cd/album information as say Amarok does when you insert a cd. But i haven't figured out how to get Kover to pick up a cd!

When i put a cd in my cdrom up comes a window giving me a variety of programs i can open my media with such as Kaffeine etc. I click on add or something to add Kover to the menu but although it appeared to add it it was named 'unknown' and when i changed the name to kover it craashed and when i did it again without changing name when i hit apply it didn't save and wasn't apparent back in the original menu of applications with which i might want to open the recognised CD in question

Arrrr...

Does anyone recognise what i am talking about and know how to use Kover?

I'd be very grateful

thank you in advance,

--
    livingdaylight

Re: Kover & howto add to cd startup

Hi

When you insert Cd and that window comes up click canel. Than open Kover. You have to be connected to internet. Check setting to make sure CDDB is enabled this will get you the info for that CD. This is a very simple appl. not much to setup.

This is Kovers website not much there.
    http://42.fht-esslingen.de/kover/index.php3

Try Koverartist you might like it better.
    Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Re: Kover &amp; howto add to cd startup

thx for that. Yes, unfortunately there is next to no documentation, and no i am not finding it intuitive and it is not working yet for me. First, how do i enable as you say CDDB? Looking in settings i don't see a box to tick that. As for the rest of the setup unless it is set up and configured to work by default how do i know what to change to what (this is where documentation would come in handy)
      Secondly, is this even a cd label maker? It seems to make the cd covers but i'm talking about cd labels - round with the doughnut hole. I don't see a template for that anywhere either.

All round primitive application, certainly by design, which is fine if i could just get it to work.

Any help much appreciated..

--
      livingdaylight

Comment

Re: Kover &amp; howto add to cd startup

Hi
        Under the setting tab config kover a panel window will come up very simple. Kover is for labels for your cd tray. Your first post didn't specifiy what you were looking for. Try glabel for cd label. You will find that alot of appls. or software will not have docs. with them. You will have look around to figure them out. Most are very simple to use with common sense.
        Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

Working...
        X