This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded media not working

Why is my embedded media not working. I installed all the programs with Automatix2 which used to work quite well. Is it because we in Linux get Flashplayer 7 while in windows they get Flashplayer 8? My local tv stations all require 'The latest version of Flashplayer'. Will we on the side of light [Linux/Unix] get the 'latest' ever? >

Re: Embedded media not working

Originally posted by Red Knuckles
    Why is my embedded media not working. I installed all the programs with Automatix2 which used to work quite well. Is it because we in Linux get Flashplayer 7 while in windows they get Flashplayer 8? My local tv stations all require 'The latest version of Flashplayer'. Will we on the side of light [Linux/Unix] get the 'latest' ever? >
    Hmmm... I just checked 'aboutlugins' in Swiftfox/Firefox and Flashplayer which I did install with Automatix2 is not listed. Wonder whats up with that. Think I'll check in Konqueror next.

Comment

Re: Embedded media not working

So in Konqueror my embedded media is working. Went back to Swiftfox and one of the sites I want to play video and clicked on the prompt for 'install plugin' which took me to the Adobe Flashplayer site for download of Flashplayer Linux and installed as per their instructions. Now in Swiftfox my embedded media is trying to work but really isn't. Yet the same sites work in Konqueror. Anybody got any ideas

Hmmm... I just checked 'aboutlugins' in Swiftfox/Firefox and Flashplayer which I did install with Automatix2 is not listed. Wonder whats up with that. Think I'll check in Konqueror next.

Comment

Working...
      X