This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application Panel

Help! Somehow I have messed up my panel at the bottom of my screen. Here is what happened:
    (1) I had multiple applications running--
    a. Firefox
    b. Thunderbird
    c, XMMS
    (2) I turned to help my wife on her M$ computer and when I turned around there was a menu open on the right side of the screen [I don't remember what it was]. I closed it.
    (3) Then I noticed that the KDE start applet was missing on the panel, along with all the applets on the right side of the panel: updates, notes, multiple-desktops, etc.
    (4) I got the KDE applet running again, but it appeared on the right side of the panel, rather than on the extreme left of the panel. I moved it to the proper place on the panel.
    (5) But the right side of the panel is still missing; also any applications that I open do not appear on the panel. I can get to the applications by Alt-Tab, so that is no problem; but because they do not appear on the panel, I can't tell at a glance which applications are running. Also, I don't know how to get to the other desktops.
    (6) I have looked under Configure Desktop and Configure Panel but nothing seems to apply to my problem. Perhaps I am overlooking something.

Help! TIA.

Re: Application Panel

Upon further reflection I have found the menu that will enable me to add applets and applications to the panel. I have restored the clock, the trash basket, the desktop applet, and the window list. I have not yet found notes, volume control, application update indicator, and several more that I can't remember. I did a default install, so if you have a similar install, perhaps you can remind me of those applets that I cannot remember.

I still cannot get my active programs to appear in my panel. Though I have the window list applet and can get to each running application via Alt-Tab, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to restore the active programs in the panel.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Have you tried to add the "task panel" applet?.

Javier

Comment

The volume aplication is not an applet.

Just press Alt+F2 and type kmix.

The aplication updater notificator should appear automagically when updates are avaliable. It it doens't, usually runing adept and updating it solves it.

I don't know about what notes software are you talking

Comment

OK, I think I'm back to semi-normal, and I learned a good bit about the panel in doing so.

I right-clicked on the panel and selected Add Applet to Panel. I then added the following applets: Desktop Previewer and Pager, System Tray, Window List, Desktop Access, and Clock . This was for the right side of my panel.

For the left side of my panel I did as above and added K Menu and System Menu. Some of the applets on the left side of the menu did not disappear: Konqueror, Kontact, Konsole, and Kate, so I didn't have to add them back.

Many thanks for your replies. I hope that this explanation of what I did will help others if they accidently mess up their panel.

Comment

Working...
          X