X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline program installation

Hi

I recently installed Kubuntu 6.06.1 (64 bit) and was wondering how you go about installing programs on the system when you don't have Internet access. (I'm currently using the internet connection at work)

For instance the other day I got the .deb packages for Frozen Bubble. What do I do now to get it installed? Double clicking on the package does nothing. If I don't have the required dependencies will the installation list these so I can get them later?

Thanks.

P.S. How come the Kubuntu CD does not come with any games on it? I realise they are not to everyone’s taste, but a sample of what’s available would be nice.

Re: Offline program installation

The 'easiest' method is the 'Kubuntu Package Menu' (Right-Click on a .deb package)...you can also install individual packages with 'sudo dpkg -i <package>'

It's also possible to create a 'local' repository you can install packages from with a package manager, but that requires a bit of tinkering. For most installation tasks the kubuntu Package Menu is enough...you can also inspect packages with it so you can check the dependencies.

Comment

Re: Offline program installation

Thanks for the quick replay, I will give it ago tonight.

Comment

Working...
      X