X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 3.5.5 upgrade & device icons on desktop

Hi,

I just did an upgrade to kde 3.5.5 last night and everything went well, exept that now I have device icons (local HD & Samba remote share), appearing on my desktop, which I don't want. It turns out that the pannel that is suppose to control device icons appearance on the desktop, under Control Pannel/Desktop/Behavior/Device icons is just not working for me right now. I've tried it with a fresh /home/user directory, without positive results.

I'm about to complete a bug report, but just before, I would like to know if someone has a clue on what's going on and what could be the solution?

Thanks.

Re: KDE 3.5.5 upgrade & device icons on desktop

hi,
    hit alt-f2, then write down 'kcontrol', then choose 'Desktop'>Behavior>Device icons, then uncheck cearfully all devices icons, the restart Xserver.

Comment

Re: KDE 3.5.5 upgrade & device icons on desktop

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  It did work, i.e. unchecking each device, not just the "show devices icons", and restarting x server (loging out then, at login screen, pressing ctrl+backspace).

However, it is still a bug, since it is not working as it should (and as it used to).  I'll fill a bug report for this.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X