This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kpilot losing data

Since upgrading to KDE 3.5.5 I have had nothing but trouble with my Sony Clie and KPilot. I've tried creating events in my Clie's calendar, but when I press the hotsync button, not only do the events not show up in Korganizer, they disappear from my Clie, even though the KPilot's hotsync log shows that it's synchronizing normally. This even happens if I set KPilot to "Copy handheld to PC". This also happens with my "To do" entries. Basically, because of this, my calendar and my "to do" list have both been completely wiped out.

I've blown away my .kde/share/apps/kpilot directory and let it be recreated, and also reinstalled KPilot via apt-get.

I don't suppose anyone knows what this might be about and how to fix it?

Re: Kpilot losing data

Just given the circumstances (and having not yet upgraded KDE), it sounds like it's something to do with the new version of KDE.

I would try:
    a)since you already reinstalled with apt-get (which to my knowlege does not purge config files), try purging the program with dpkg -- uninstall with apt-get first (because that will take care of dependencies which are annoyingly difficult to take care of with dpkg), then do a "dpkg -P kpilot" to get rid of all the config files -- maybe the configuration needs to be different in kde 3.5?

b)similarly, instead of reinstalling with apt-get, you might compile kpilot yourself to the latest version... (yes. this is a pain. but it may be a compatability issue with the new KDE)....

c)if all else fails, you may need to downgrade back to KDE 3.4 -- it could just be a bug in the latest version that needs to be hammered out, and it sounds like it's a big enough bug that, at least for you, makes the upgrade not yet worth it.

Hope it helps!
    I'm no expert, i'm just telling you what I would do in the situation -- this has worked for me so far

Comment

Re: Kpilot losing data

i seem to be having a similar problem, but i dont know if its related...

i started this thread (http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=9922.0), but I didnt think about the fact that I too use KPilot (w/ a Palm Treo 600) and that might be the cause... I'm also thinking about downgrading... My appointments (mainly recurring ones) just keep disappearing from korganizer, so i dont know if its an issue with KPilot or not.

Comment

Working...
      X