X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Power saving" on KDE

Hello everybody,
    The KDE "Power Saving" module which allows you set the time, after which the monitor will be automatically set to power saving mode is not retaining the previously set value. After every restart it is automatically changed to 30 minutes. Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Re: "Power saving" on KDE

Sorry, i'm not an expert, but I have had no problems with mine -- I use klaptop (i'm not totally sure whether you're referring to a program or a driver/kernel module/etc., klaptop is a program.)

However, I do have one thought: i've had similar problems before (ex. I wanted my audio to start up muted on boot, but kmix doesn't save it's last setting...), and used a couple ways to solve the problem:
    -Config files store information no mater how often you reboot. Perhaps the power saving module has a config file with that setting?
    -there might be a command on your computer that will set this setting when you boot up. What i did for my muting problem was to use the aumix command to set the volume to 0% with a shortcut in my ~/.kde/Autostart/ folder.

What package is the power saving module installed from?

Comment

I am sorry that I had not provided the complete information. I was actually talking about kcontrol --> Peripherals --> Display (power mangement)

Comment

I am having the same exact problem. I set everything up and on reboot, the power for the display is not enabled again...
        System Settings>> Hardware>> Display>> Power saving "administrator mode"
        I checked the box, changed the time to 15 min, reboot, it is back to unchecked and at 30 min.

It worked until a recent update.

How do I fix this?

Comment

Hmm I have the same problem
          Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
          CV and gallery at grn.dk
          Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

Working...
          X