Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K Menu naming scheme gone if upgraded to 3.5.5 + Devices displaying incorrectly

Right now I just upgraded my Kubuntu Dapper to KDE 3.5.5, and I just noticed that the naming scheme on the K menu is gone. I mean, previously it said "KGet (Download Manager)", and now it just says "KGet Download Manager". I prefer the parentheses, because in my language (Catalan) having the description within parentheses explains what's the program, and removing them leaves an incorrectly ordered phrase.

I tried changing it via K Menu -> System Settings -> Appearance -> Panel -> Menus -> Menu item format, and all the other modes work correctly (if I select "Description (Name)" the parentheses are there), but Name (Description) does not.

Is there any way to change it back?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if my English sucks.

Re: K Menu naming scheme gone after upgrade to KDE 3.5.5

Confirmed. Though I'm not sure whether it has been changed on purpose, it's definitely different from what it used to be (and how it is the selection option...'Name (Description)')

I haven't noticed it since I use Description (Name), which works like you mentioned.

Comment

Re: K Menu naming scheme gone after upgrade to KDE 3.5.5

Also, I just noticed that there is another thing wrong: When you clicked System menu -> Storage devices (or something similar, I'm translating it from Catalan) on 3.5.4, it opened "media:/" in Konqueror. Now it opens "/media", so the output is not the same (on media:/ I get my 3 partitions labeled correctly, and on /media I get those 3 partitions named "hda1, hda2, etc", and also the unmounted disks like cdrom or usbdisk). I think it should be changed back to media:/

Another thing is, I had "Device icons" activated under Configure Desktop -> Behavior -> Device icons. I was seeing my 3 partitions on the desktop, labeled "5.5 GB medium" (the partition has no label), "DADES" and "WINDOWS XP". After upgrading to 3.5.5, the icons have been replaced with the partition names: hda2, hda5 and hda1. It seems related to the previous issue, and it also affectes other labeled devices like CD-ROMs, which get a "cdrom0" icon instead of its label, which was the previous behavior.

Is there any way to get all those things back or working correctly?

PS: I changed the title of the post to add these issues.

Comment

Working...
      X