This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting beryl-manager from KDE/Kubuntu

So I am trying to get XGL/Beryl to work in KDE, I got it up and working pretty easily in standard ubuntu (gnome) with no issues.

I am following http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index....ntu/Dapper/XGL tutorail and everyting is going fine I am at this part however:

You should also set "beryl-manager" to start automatically. In Gnome, go: System > Preferences > Sessions > Startup Programs Then add these two entries:

xmodmap /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.us
    beryl-manager

In KDE (Kubuntu), you can add a simple script to the "~/.kde/Autostart/" directory that activates those commands.

Now when you reboot (or simply restart the graphical session using Ctrl+Alt+Backspace) you will be provided with a login screen that has multiple options. One of them should be "XGL". TWhen you log in, you should see a Beryl icon (red gem) in your tray, which you can use to switch your window manager to "Beryl". You can also use this to manage all your settings, turning on and off various effects as desired.
    my question is what exactly is the "simple script" I need to add to /.kde/Autostart/ , as the tutorial does not specify

Thanks for the help
    Greyspectre

Re: Starting beryl-manager from KDE/Kubuntu

You would want to copy the commands added to the gnome session, so
    Code:
    echo "#!/bin/bash
    xmodmap /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.us
    beryl-manager" >~/.kde/Autostart/auto-beryl.sh
    chmod +x ~/.kde/Autostart/auto-beryl.sh
    would create the script and set it as executable.

Comment

Working...
    X