This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading my XP files from Kubuntu

I did everything the Ubuntuguide told me to do to the t yet I can view any of my files that are on XP. What's going on? How can I fix this since my MP3's sit on the XP side of things. Thanks guys.

Re: Reading my XP files from Kubuntu

- Are you trying to mount the NTFS partition (where XP resides) manually? If "yes", please post the full (!) command you're using (including parameters) as well as the console's feedback to your approach ...

- Are you trying to "automount" (= mount via fstab)? If "yes", please post the according line from the fstab (again: complete) ...

Hopefully, these additional information will help me / us narrowing down the source(s) of the trouble you're experiencing.

HTH
    Bernd

Comment

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
      #
      # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
      proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
      /dev/hda6 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
      /dev/hda1 /media/hda1 ntfs defaults,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0 1
      /dev/hda5 none swap sw 0 0
      /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
      /dev/hda1 /media/windows ntfs nls=utf8,umask=0222 0 0

Comment

Two different mountpoints for one and the same device / partition ... nice try

To be (more) serious: please remove the line /dev/hda1 /media/hda1 ntfs defaults,nls=utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0 1 from /etc/fstab; afterwards, in a console, try to mount the Windoze file system (/dev/hda1) manually, using the very same parameters you're up to make use of when mounting at boot time: [sudo] mount -v -t ntfs -o nls=utf8,umask=0222 /dev/hda1 ... any feedback other then "done" is supposed to be copies, pasted and posted here ...

HTH
        Birdy

Comment

there is a easy gui method. create a folder in your home directory to represent your xp partition. go to kmenu, system settings, disk and filesystem, click on administration enter your password, highlight the xp partition and the rest is self explanetory. after you enable the partition you should see the files in the folder you created in your home directory.

Comment

Working...
          X