This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu: Running KDE along side Gnome

I chose Kubuntu because I am familiar with KDE and my only linux experiences lie in older versions of debian.

I decided to investigate gnome, so i installed the ubuntu-desktop package.  At first, gnome worked fine.  I am not sure what happened, and now when i try to load into gnome, two bars at the top of the screen (graphics mode) flash over and over as if they are trying to load but never finish.  I do get the ubuntu splash screen however, but once it goes away gnome works itself into a halt.  KDE works with absolutely no flaws.  I tried rm -rd /home/.gnome* along with sudo aptitude remove ubuntu-desktop and reinstalling gnome, but this did not work.  Any suggestions?  Your assistance is greatly appriciated! ^_^

Re: Kubuntu: Running KDE along side Gnome

As a Debian Sid user,let me welcome you to Kubuntu. First of all, your problem seems to be with Gnome rather than KDE so you may get better and faster advice on the Ubuntu Forums, than here. In addition, you haven't given us much information to work with. I'd suggest starting your system in recovery mode (the second line on the Grub menu) and entering the command "startgnome" (or whatever the brown equivalent of "startkde" may be. Either it will start Gnome, or it will give you an error message that we can work with.

Comment

Working...
    X