This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

several (presumably small) questions about KDE startup

Hi! These are several questions that may seem unrelated at first: the similarity which I used to group them is that they all have to do somehow with booting up.

First: the most annoying. Not long ago, KDE decided to open konqueror with 2 tabs (open to "google.com" and to "researchoninnovation.com/patent.pdf" -- neither of which load because I (intentionally) set all my network cards to be disabled by default. I don't remember telling KDE to do this, and i have failed to find any way to stop it. ~/.kde/share/Autostart/ has nothing; it's an empty folder (except 2 icons, one for knotes and one for kuake (the terminal emulator, not a game ;-)). Does anyone know a way to stop KDE from starting these on login?

Second: the second-most annoying. Every time I log in, i have knotes start up (that i do want. I use the tool all the time). However, every time knotes starts up, it creates a new, blank note. I don't want it to make a new note every time it starts. Does anyone know if knotes has a setting somewhere that i missed to stop this?

I think that's about it.

Thanks for any and all help you can offer! I hope it's just me being stupid that is causing these problems :-).

Re: several (presumably small) questions about KDE startup

Jakykong,

even though I know nothing about KNotes, I think I can answer your question concerning Konqueror: what it displays and how, one can (at least partially) control by defining so-called "profiles" as well as by changing the per default given ones ... the following links should help you on:

- http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/kdeintro.shtml
    - Konqueror's manual, section "Settings & Profiles"

HTH
    Bernd

Comment

Re: several (presumably small) questions about KDE startup

that actually helped quite a bite! thanks! still not sure why it was doing that, but i deleted the default profile, made a new one, and it quit

Comment

Working...
      X