X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark and path help

Hi,

I just started using kubuntu and I must say I'm very impressed. It's just fantastic, I'm quite new to linux but it's by far the best distribution I have ever tried. Keep up the good work!

I just have one problem, and it's with ark. Everytime I try to install debian packages like easyubuntu or skype, after double clicking on them ark comes up on screen but immediately displays an error message saying 'The utility is not in your PATH. Please install it or contact your system administrator'

Now I've tried googling it and checked the forums here and a few other places but I couldn't find anything useful except a few tutorials for adding directories to the PATH, is that what I need to do? If so can anyone tell me where ark is located or how to locate it?

awaiting your replies...

Update: I have tried using apt-get, and a few other commandline package installers whose name I have forgot but they won't work either.

Re: Ark and path help

It' fine I got it working right click the package and select Kubuntu package menu-->install

Stupid me I should have looked harder :P

Comment

Re: Ark and path help

thank you calef13 for figuring that one out, i have the same problem. i'll try it when i get home.

i too am pretty new (less than a month) at Kubuntu and i am also impressed by this distro of linux.

Comment

Working...
      X