This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop icons text

I'm quite new to using Kubuntu and I've been playing around with all the various customisation options (icons, colour schemes etc.) and somehow I have managed to make the text under my desktop icons change appearence.

Instead of being a solid colour the text is now just outlined and difficult to see against a dark background. I can't for the life of me remember what I tampered with to get them like this or how to get them back to the way they were.

Thanks in advance

Re: Desktop icons text

There are two ways that I know of text might have changed, both are reached through the
    System Settings > Appearance options.

You may have selected a different font for your desktop (I honestly can't remember what the default is, DejaSans maybe?), or you may have changed the colour of the font in colors.

Is it definitely just the desktop fonts that are different?

Comment

Re: Desktop icons text

Originally posted by marek_online
      There are two ways that I know of text might have changed, both are reached through the
      System Settings > Appearance options.

You may have selected a different font for your desktop (I honestly can't remember what the default is, DejaSans maybe?), or you may have changed the colour of the font in colors.

Is it definitely just the desktop fonts that are different?
      Yes, just the icons but I've finally managed to sort it out for myself. It was Configure - KDesktop - Advanced Options button, Background Icon Text . The colour was set to black for some reason, I simply changed it back to white.

Thanks anyway marek, your reply was much appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X