This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok Visulisations Won't Work

I can't get the visulisations to work using 1.4.3, same thing under 1.4.2 and same problem existed when I previously had Ubuntu installed and used Amarok with that!!  A message comes up stating that I may not have appropriate libraries and or plugins installed.  I installed the two files that were suggested but still no joy!

Any body got any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Amarok Visulisations Won't Work

You need libvisual-0.4-plugins, and the archives for Ubuntu only have libvisual-0.2-plugins. I'm not sure what is going on with the xmms thing though - I just tried that too, with no joy.

Comment

Downloaded a copy of the Libvisual 0.4 plugin:

libvisual-0.4-plugins_0.4.0.dfsg.1-1_i386.deb

However when I right click on the file and try to install using the Kubuntu Package Manager, It lists a load of dependencies which it says are not upto date - see attached.

Any suggestions? Is there a repository where these dependencies would be automatically satisfied?
      Attached Files

Comment

You should get those plugins/packages from the repositories (using Adept or apt-get) and not from .deb packages.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

**bump**
          Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

My visualizations FINALLY work. I had the same problem as the author and a gentleman from the Netherlands off of the Amorok board gave me the following advice. I can only vouch for it working for me. As to how smart or safe it is, again all I am telling you is that it worked for me.

The files that we need are in the breezy-backports repositories. If you enable them and install the libvisual-0.4-plugins everything works "FOR ME".
            Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

I've retried the ubuntu dapperrepository and found the libvisual 0.4 plugins are now there and having loaded them it now works!! Why is it you always want more?? Are there more visulisations available?

Comment

Working...
              X