This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-27-686

i recently upgraded the kernel through the auto updater to 2.6.15-27-686.. only problem is now my wireless card (ath0) does not seem to be detected. i've had this happen plenty of times before on previous kernel updates too, but i was able to fix it each time by installing linux-restricted-modules-{uname -r}. however, this time when i do sudo apt-get install linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-27-686 it doesn't find the package. is this package on some other repository or something? or where can i even download it manually? any help is appreciated. thanks

Re: linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-27-686

The package is in the 'restricted' repositories, so you might want to check that it is enabled.

Also, if you install 'linux-686' metapackage, the restricted-modules should be updated automatically when there's a new kernel version available (so you don't have to upgrade it explicitly)

Comment

Code:
      arabbani@t40:~$ sudo apt-get install ^linux-restricted-modules-
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree... Done
      Note, selecting linux-restricted-modules-686 for regex '^linux-restricted-modules'
      Note, selecting linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-26-386 for regex '^linux-restricted-modules'
      Note, selecting linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-26-686 for regex '^linux-restricted-modules'
      Note, selecting linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-23-386 for regex '^linux-restricted-modules'
      Note, selecting linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-23-686 for regex '^linux-restricted-modules'
      Note, selecting linux-restricted-modules-common for regex '^linux-restricted-modules'
      Note, selecting linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-25-386 for regex '^linux-restricted-modules'
      Note, selecting linux-restricted-modules-386 for regex '^linux-restricted-modules'
      The following packages will be REMOVED:
       linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-26-386 linux-restricted-modules-2.6.15-26-686
       linux-restricted-modules-common
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
      Need to get 0B of archives.
      After unpacking 43.7MB disk space will be freed.
      Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
      Abort.
      From this you can see that it finds the restricted modules for previous kernel versions, but not for 2.6.15-27-686. Also, I have the following repositories:

Code:
      deb [url]http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/[/url] dapper main restricted
      deb [url]http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/[/url] dapper-updates main restricted
      deb [url]http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu[/url] dapper-security main
      and a few others but I dont think they make a diff for this. Do I need some other repository? If yes, which one?

Thanks

Comment

Ah ok i got it.. I had to add restricted to dapper-security as well. Hopefully my wifi card should be working again..

thanks

Comment

Working...
        X