This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu/konqueror need communication skills upgrade

It is a bummer that I have install firefox while using the live cd in order to post messages in this forum because konqueror and Kubuntuforums.net can't communicate. I modified the cookie management so that I can at least login but then when I try to post I get "session timed out, try loging out and login again". I try that and the same message comes up.

What is up witht that??
    Charlie

EDIT: oh yeah, no problem posting to linuxquestions.org with konqeror!
    I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Re: kubuntu/konqueror need communication skills upgrade

Well I can't tell you to use firefox just because thats my browser of choice ... if you like konqueror for web browsing then yeah its your choice. Maybe a konqueror fan can jump in here and help you out but for the time being maybe you can just install firefox
    sudo apt-get install firefox
    And use it just until you figure out how to get your favorite browser working. It could be also that some sites don't support the browser, (silly that the forum doesn't support it but then again I haven't tried it). The reason I say that is that when I used to use windows (if feels good to say that) and I was using firefox to browse a MS site it told me my browser wasn't supported and therefore I couldn't download anything even though I thought "How hard could it be to display a page in html?" LOL ok but seriously I know this is just a temporary fix but it is better than nothing at the moment until you have more time to iron out your problem.

Comment

Yeah, I am using FF for this forum. I like konq because of the file browser aspect because I am often in my file system as well as web browsing, so I have several tabs open.

This post was more of a gripe/info post. I think the web master needs to do something or the konq developers. I doubt that it is a konq issue since this is the only forum I have trouble with.

Thanx for you input.
      Charlie

Comment

As I mentioned on your other thread, I can use the forums with konqueror just fine, so it's not a global issue (using dapper+kde 3.5.4).

Probably an issue with your settings...or a combination of your settings and something on the forum-side. Try toying some more with your cookie settings, the solution is bound to be there somewhere.

Comment

It used to be fine for me also. Now every time I try to post I get session timed out. try logging out and logging back in again. I have to delete the cookies to login again and then try to post and get same message. I guess I could try rejecting the cookies for this site and see what happens.
          Dapper amd 64 KDE3.5.4.

Comment

try logging out and logging back in again.
            Tried logging in and out a few times...everything still seems to be working :P

I guess I could try rejecting the cookies for this site and see what happens.
            I think you definitely need cookies enabled to log in

Comment

Working...
            X