This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring Autoinsert Options

I am sure that this is an easy one, but reading the KDE docs and googling have not lead me to an answer. I want to configure the options when an audio CD is inserted. I want to add an option to Play with Amarok and an option to Rip with Grip. The applications are installed. I have attempted to configure via the KDE Control Module, but I can't seem to get the command line right. Every time I configure a new option and apply or save, the Control Module crashes. I would like to:

1) Configure an option to launch Grip when an audio CD is inserted
    2) Configure an option to play the CD with Amarok when an audio CD is inserted
    3) Delete the options I don't intend to use. Right now when I select one of the "default" options, the remove button is grayed out in Control Module.

If you can point me to the information on the web, I will figure it out. If not, I would appreciate some instructions. Thanks.

Re: Configuring Autoinsert Options

Bump. I can't believe that most smart Linux users haven't figured this one out. I have posted on the KDE forum, but it is pretty much dead.

Comment

Does that mean you the smart linux user have solved it
      "The problem with reality is that it leaves a lot to the Imagination" - John Lenon.

Comment

system settings -> storage media -> +add -> audio CD -> then choose application. Apply.
        "The problem with reality is that it leaves a lot to the Imagination" - John Lenon.

Comment

Originally posted by flebber
          Does that mean you the smart linux user have solved it
          Nope it means that I imagine that most linux (kubuntu) users are smarter than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by flebber
            system settings -> storage media -> +add -> audio CD -> then choose application. Apply.
            Thanks. I have gotten that far. I added the entry for Grip. I need to know the correct command line. If I just put in grip, I get the error as noted in the orginal message. I have tried a few alternatives, but no joy.

Comment

Yeah I am know receiveing an error, "folder / does not exist"

Comment

Re: Configuring Autoinsert Options (Partial Solution)

Well, I posted the same question in the KDE forum. The traffic there is pretty light. I figured out 1 for myself.

1) The command line is grip %u

I still haven't figured out #2 #3. Amarok doesn't throw an error with %u, but it also doesn't play. I imagine that I have to add some command line options. I am looking for the command line option to load the contents of the audioCD into the playlist.

If you set up grip to autorip and encode when a CD is inserted, then with you select the grip item from the autoplay menu, it will just go. That is neat.

I have continued futzing, but still can't figure out how to delete the unwanted options from the autoplay menu.

Comment

Working...
                X