This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions about software not behaving correctly

Because of my willing not to make a topic for every my question, I have written them in an one topic. I hope this isn't against the rules of this forum.

1. I start Amarok, add .mp3(-s) to it, and select one to be played it doesn't start playing it. It just moves between all the .mp3-s int the playlists and plays none of them. With Kaffeine I can play .mp3-s so I think I have the rights codec packages installed. How can this be fixed?

2. Kaffeine does the job with the .mp3-s well, but when I want to watch an .avi with subtitles (.sub or .srt) written in Englis it is OK, but when the subtitles are in Bulgarian it write some kind of #&%$s instead of the letters it should write. In Windows the encoding for Bulgarian is Cyrillic Windows-1251, but I don't know how to make Kaffeine (or Amarok) display the subtitles correctly.

3. I installed Firefox and Thunderbird. When I install Silver Theme on Firefox and want to customize the buttons bar Firefox crashes. I changed the theme with Mostly Crystal and Firefox started behaving normally. Then I installed Mostly Crystal on Thunderbird. When I start it, Thunderbird crashes. I can't change the theme. I tried uninstalling and then installing again Thunderbird, but it still crashes. How can I fix this?

4. Why I can't tell KDE to change between keyboard layouts with Alt+Shift?

5. I installed Wine and installed through it a chat program - QIP (http://qip.ru).
    When I start it, it says there is an error (OK to close, Cancel to continue). I choose Cancel and the program loads, but the font used is very hard to read - how can I change it? Also, what is written in Bulgarian in it (the program is like ICQ and I've renamed some of my contacts in Bulgarian) is shown as "?"-s. Can this be fixed?

6. Why Skype is so ugly in Kubuntu and can I customize it's look?

That's for now, I hope my questions will be answered instead of their big size and stupidity.

Re: A few questions about software not behaving correctly

Ill help you try and at least get mp3 support working in amarok
    http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/MP3_on_Kubuntu_6.06

Comment

Working...
    X