This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good movie database program?

Does anyone know of a good personal movie database manager. Something that will log into IMDb and get all the useful information, feature rich, opensource, the works? Would really help. Thanks in advance.

Re: A good movie database program?

I use GCstar. I used to use Movie Collector in Windows but this is actually a lot better imo. It does games and books as well.

I had a little trouble isntalling it at first.
    Here is what I ended up doing.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install gcfilms libxml-parser-perl libxine-dev
    Then go to http://www.gcstar.org/ and follow the install instructions.

NOTE: I installed gcfilms which is the older version just because it included some dependencies I needed for GCstar. It's working great!

Comment

i use gcfilms, i think it kicks ass.
      <br />

Comment

What do you like better than movie collector about it? Also, is there an easy way to export from movie collector to gcstar? Thanks a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by SeePage87
          What do you like better than movie collector about it? Also, is there an easy way to export from movie collector to gcstar? Thanks a ton.
          It's free, the interface looks a lot cleaner imo, noticably faster, and it's free
          I'm not sure about importing from Movie Collector. I just redid my whole catalog as I had lost my .mvc files.

It would probably work if you export to a .csv file from movie collector and then imported the .csv into GCstar. *shrugs* Worth a shot. GCstar and GCfimls can import both .xml and .csv

Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
          X