This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find Konqueror

I recently bought a laptop with Kubuntu Dapper Drake already installed on it. I am very new to Linux and to KDE, but I am willing to learn. The biggest issue that I have so far is that I simply cannot load Konqueror.

Whenever I attempt to browse a file, I get this...

[img width=400 height=300]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/m3rrix/snapshot2Medium.jpg[/img]

I believe that it is asking me which program to open the folder with. It seems a little stupid but I cannot find Konqueror in the programs listed.

I have tried searching for 'Konqueror' with the find files/folders tool. It only came up with a few folders and no files. I have looked in these folders with Konsole but cannot find a compiled program to run.

I have looked over some of the reading material - admittedly not in great detail :P - and have searched the forums but I cannot seem to come up with anything about it.

Am I missing something bleedingly obvious, or has it something to do with the previous owner?

Re: Can't find Konqueror

Well, first of all, what type of file are you trying to open? The type of file may or may not be associated with some program, making you choose with which program to launch it.

Also, Konqueror (at least in the K Menu) is found in the Internet sub-menu. The file is in /usr/bin/ .
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re: Can't find Konqueror

In that example I tried opening the Home directory...

Comment

Working...
      X