This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop CS2 In Kubuntu! kinda...

I know for SURE that some of you guys want to get photoshop to work in kubuntu. well, i've ALMOST done it.

After installing WINE, I rebooted into windows. I opened the registry editor and navigated to
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    i found the key with adobe photoshop CS2 in it, but not the one with the key in words (it looked like {xxxxx-xxxxx-xxx-xxx-xxxxxx}).
    i opened that and exported it, then went back into Kubuntu.

i copied all of c:\program files\adobe to my /.wine directory.

i opened the registry file i exported from windows registry editor after copying it to my kubuntu desktop directory and modifying the permissions to allow write access.
    i completely deleted the first line and also deleted "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" from the next line so it looked like this
    Code:
    [SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\blah blah blah
    then i copied everything from that file and pasted it into the end of wines system.reg

then i configured wine for photoshop.exe in windows 2000

i ran photoshop.exe, it loads up completely (although it takes a little while) and then i get an error message. it says there has been a system or hardware error and it's unrecoverable.

so.... if anyone wants to help out with this.... please! i feel like i'm so close but just... not quite there! heeeelp.....
Working...
X